Monday, March 30, 2009

Bike Trailer

I am really excited that we were able to get a bike trailer for the kids this year. It took me about 3 months to decide on this one. Plus I got a killer deal at a local bike store on it.

A Burley Encore






The encore is "designed for the true adventurist." Just right for what Tim and I like to do, have adventures with the kids. So what kind of activities can you take this little marvel on? Well you can take it biking use it as a stroller; jogger, and even a ski unit is available. There is also extra cargo space in back for groceries or a picnic lunch.

Here are the specs: I found them on the burley website


  • Trailer weight = 23 lbs, 10.3 kg
  • Capacity = 100 lbs, 45 kg
  • Fits 1 or 2 children
  • Comfortable seat pad
  • Hammock-styled seat system with 5-point harness system
  • Interior storage pockets for kids' stuff
  • Tinted windows with UV protection and adjustable sun screen
  • 2-in-1 all-weather cover with waterproof zippers
  • Comes with adjustable padded handle bar and parking brake
  • Safety flag included
  • 20 inch quick-release alloy wheels
  • Fast-action folding system reduces Encore to:
  • 35 x 30 x 12" (88.9 x 76.2 x 41.9 cm)


Instead of buying the very expensive stroller wheel which is like $60 just for a wheel. Tim came up with this idea and it works great under $20. As modeled by Bubbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment