Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More England




This is the Brichover Hotel that we stayed at. It is a long term type of hotel where it has a full kitchen, dining and living room, 1-2 bedrooms, and a sauna in each place. One thing that was really crazy was the laundry. It had a washer that took forever and no dryer. So the options were to hang dry or put your clothing in the sauna. Which is what we did with our clothing.  I know it sounds crazy but it dried our clothes a bit faster. 

Here is some of the goodies we bought over in England.
Notice the milk: this is 2 pints and is the largest that they had.
Some of the bread choices were good even had a small package.
The juice is condensed, flavor apple & black currant. So good!
Cereal was de-lish. 
Of course biscuits instead of cookies.

Most of the places we ate were Pub's. Now Pub's are where people gather to socialize and get a drink. But they also serve food in pretty good size portions. Some of the things I had were:
  • Fish and Chips- not my thing. At this Pub seems like all they did was cut the head and tail off, battered, and deep fried it. Left the skin on. Totally grossed me out. Served with chips (what we call french fries), and mushy peas. No joke. Peas that were mashed. When I tried the peas I thought, "These are really good. These taste familiar." I had no clue they were peas.
  • Chili and Rice with Corn chips. Now this was really good. Served in a big bowl chili on one side, then rice, then corn chips. Soooooo gooood!
  • Pizza from Dominoes. NOT PIZZA. It was like eating an English muffin with tomato sauce and some wired bacon/ham meat. I didn't care I was too hunger from a long day of traveling. 
  • Mac and Cheese. Yes that was on a Pub menu. Really good too.
(One thing that is very interesting is that a lot of their food has hardly any sweetener in it. When Tim and I went to a grocery store I was looking around for some sugar-free chocolate and couldn't find any. I started reading the ingredient and found that a lot the companies don't use HFCS, but more natural sweetener or plain sugar. )



I am just so glad towards the end of the airplane rides my stomach was getting use to air travel. And I am not a big fan of air plane food, up there with hospital food.

Can't wait to go back over and try some more English food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment