Caernarfon Castle all I can say is
WOW!
The castle was built in 1283 AD during that time King Edward I - Long-shanks, was building up his kingdom and expanding into Wales. He built many castles during that time in Wales. I just loved this castle. You are free to explore the castle and Reed was in the lead. He decided where we going. I was just mystified by this castle and taking pictures like crazy. I got some videos too I will be posting on Facebook sometime with in the month. Charly kept saying come on Mom to me as we were going through the castle. She had so much fun running all over the place.
It is just amazing how people lived back in the 11th century and how primitive everything was. The craftsmanship of the castle is amazing. The condition is fairly good with house old it is. There are about 3 mini museums that you go through. HRH Prince Charles received his title here. That is really cool that they still use places like this. In the picture below on the little hill that is where the ceremony took place. Who knows how they fit everyone in the courtyard.
Hope you enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment