Anyways back to reading Into the wild. I love this book, the story of Chris McCandless portrays a young man who just wants to live a simple life free to do what he pleases. So far I think Chris wasn't doing to bad, he had a few weird ideas. One thinking he could "live off the land in Alaska." I am reading about the nutcases who thought they could live off the land. I do agree that you can for a certain amount of time. Look at the mountain men, many of these young men where from the east, like Chris looking for some place new and getting away from people. They had to learning many things to survive in nature. There where many that died, but they explored, lived off the land, trapped game, hunted, and knew where the best areas to live were. They learned many things off of experience, this was what Chris was lacking but he was young and learning. He died in the Alaskan wilderness like many who lacked the experience and knowledge of how to survive in the wild. Guess it was there time to go.
So far this is what I am getting out of this book. I have never really been big on reading, but lately I have just been captivated by some of the books I have read like:
The Virgiana - very good
Tarzan of the Apes
The City of Ember
No comments:
Post a Comment