Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ski Baby Ski

When I went skiing a couple of weeks ago I kept thinking how much fun next season will be. Why you wonder? What is so special about the next ski season? Charly will be Two!! and big enough to start skiing baby. I love to ski! it is one of my most favorite past times.

When the conditions are sunny and the trails are groomed is the best for carving, I love to carve. Check out this website I just found gives great tips on carving and a great ski workout. The better shape you are in for skiing the less sore you are afterwards.

I have skied on many conditions another thing I like to ski on is ice. Since I was on the Alpine Ski Team in high school that is the conditions I was taught to race on so I know how to handle myself on icy conditions; ruts not so much. There is a different on how you ski for racing and for recreational skiing. In racing the skier is more down to the ground. It takes a bit of time, strength, and practice to be very good at this.

But what I like is to have fun. Racing was great for me to learn to ski better and look at the technical side of it. Recreational skiing is more straight and your feet are closer together, old school they call it. Since I am not racing anymore I am practicing at getting back into position. Which is better for the knees too. This is the way that I was taught how to ski by my parent. I have been skiing with them all my life. Well when your whole family skis you start skiing very young I was about 18 months when I started.

Now that I have this knowledge of skiing I can teach the kiddies myself how to ski and have fun doing it. Right now is the best time to purchase ski gear with all the sales going on. So start looking! and Go Ski baby ski!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment