But what do you do with a young family?
Well with my family (I have a 18 month old and 6 month old) the attention span is very very short. When I heard the that my church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) came out with a new nursery lesson manual I was excited. I thought is would be great to have for the kids to learn out of; plus the lessons are short and I can teach the children about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with the outline already done.
The more I go though the churchs website the more I love it. All of the manuals can be access from there so I can just look up the lesson that for that week and work my way down. You can print off pictures and the little coloring acitivites they have which is great for just one child.
Since I was not feeling up to FHE last night. Tonight we had a little lesson we just looked at pictures of Jesus and talked about him and that we pray to him.
So here are some ideas for FHE that I have come up with for young children.
- Look at pictures of Christ.
- Sing a song.
- Color a picture of what we have learned.
- Play were is Jesus in the pictures.
- Lessons from Nursery manual "Behold your little ones"
- Go on a nature walk and tell what Heavenly Father has created for us.
- Learn to Pray.
- Play a video about Christ.
- Talk about the family.
What are some of your Idea?
You're a genius! I never thought about the nursery manual!! Thanks for the great idea. I even have a hard time keeping my 5 year old interested LOL!
ReplyDeleteHey I think it's great that you are even having fhe with such young tikes! They are probably absorbing more than we think...and it's good to get in the habit. Cute lesson ideas!
ReplyDelete