It was my birthday this past week. I like to celebrate by taking a trip up to Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park. I knew that it would be snowing and kinda cold. So with cold weather gear in hand Tim and I loaded the kids in the car and took off.
As we enter the sleepy town of West Yellowstone it began to lightly snow when I got Charly out of the car for her to walk around. She looked at the snow and was dazzled by it. Lifted up her arms and she twirled around in it. She had never really been outside when it snowed.
When we entered the Park it seemed like we were entering a little world. Everything seem slower as we were progressing into a misty world that has been forgotten by someone. The trees stilled had not shed the winter woes from their branches. The ground still had some fresh layers of snow on it that had not been broken up by the herds of animals coming and going. But there was life in this small world we came across a small buffalo that was taking a drink in the river as it was left behind by the herd.
We happened upon another lonely buffalo coming our way on the dreary road. Tim pointed out to Charly that a buffalo was coming. Charly look out her window in amazement. “Jajsd,” she said in her baby talk. I told her it was a buffalo, she said some form of buffalo getting excited every time she saw one and pointing in the back of her when it went pasted us. Looking out the window as we were heading to our destination I would remember some of the trip I would make when coming through this area so long ago it was.
We finally came upon Old faithful. I told Tim to take Charly out for a walk to release some energy so I could take care of Baby Reed. Charly kept herself amused walking every and exploring her new surrounding. Tim was afraid she was getting cold so they came back to the car to warm up a bit.
After warming up Charly went out for a bit more exploring. After taking care of the baby; Reed and I joined them out by Old Faithful. While waiting some more we went up and down the sidewalk following Charly.
Reed was discovering what it was like to have snow fall on your face. He was going back and forth in my arms trying to avoid the snow. After about 10 minutes of this I headed up to the covered porch to get out the snow so Reed could rest. Waiting for Old Faithful was getting to long for us. Afraid that the children would be getting cold. I decided we should head back to the sleepy town and for lunch. Back to the dreary road we saw more elk and buffalo on the way to town. As the mist was rising from the geyser it came across the river giving an old world feeling the I see in movies. Movies made in the old part of the world were legend were born. Arriving in the sleepy town were practically everything was closed! We found on restraunt open were the food was warm and a child happy to have something to eat; consisting of french fries. Such was the day of birth for me. Happy to be with the little family that I love dearly. Made to be such a perfect day. (Especially when the car ride was enjoyable.)
Happy Birthday to you!! That post made me want to head up to Yellowstone. So beautiful and awesome;)
ReplyDelete