Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colter's Bay

Camping in the Tetons is such an awesome thing that every person should experience. If you are from the area or just passing through. Come and stay a night or two, I dare you to three. Camping can be either fun or just plain miserable I have been camping since I was in the crib.





For the past, I think, 15 years my family has been camping in Colter's Bay, near Jackson Lake, over Labor Day weekend. This was the first year that my Dad's brother Jerry and his wife Susan came camping with us. This was a great camping trip so much fun. Maybe next year some of my cousins can come and maybe my brother and sister-in-law can come too.


With the days warms and nights cool it set the perfect mood. First we packed up the little trailer and headed for Jackson early on Thursday morning. We spent some time stretching our legs a bit around the town square and then grabbed a bit to eat at Mountain High Pizza Pie. Yummy pizza, so good.




Meet up with the parents and headed up towards Colter's bay. We even got camping spots next to each other. Then we unpacked and set up camp. I was so happy that the kids did well in the camper at night. Tim set up a tent outside for him and the dog. There is only so much room in our tiny camper. Plus the kids need their space to wiggle around during the night. :)




The next day Friday we took a day trip to my hometown of Cody Wyoming. Charly spent the day with my parents', Dan and my Uncle and Aunt. They went up to Cascade Canyon to see hidden falls. They had a lot of fun.



Leigh Lake


Saturday we spent the day at String Lake. Tim and I took the kids for a hike up to the bridge mile up and mile back. You know with 30 lbs on my back I thought I did pretty good. I had Reed on my back and Tim had Charly on his back. When we got to the bridge to take a break Tim took Charly to the river that links String Lake and Leigh Lake together. She had so much fun playing in the water.






Went back and rested then Tim and I went kayaking on the lake. Boy what a full day that was.






Sunday was play day. We went to the Village to check out the sales and see what was happening there. Monday came home to unpack and rest. Boy what a weekend. It took me all week to recover from all that fun we had. It was so much fun to talk to Jerry and Susan and have dinners with them. I love camping!!









No comments:

Post a Comment