Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Mirror Mirror on the wall who is the fairest of us all? Well mirror you are not really the fairest mirror in the land. You need a makeover.




I have had this mirror for a long time, since I got married. It was my grandma's and now I found out it was my great-grandma. I no clue about that. But I was getting so bored with it. It really doesn't match any of my decor. I notice that I have a lot of brown, blue and some black in my living room where this mirror hangs. Plus I hardly even notice it any more. I had a free afternoon one Saturday and decided to be crafty and paint this mirror.


First I thought I would just spray paint it sliver but then my husband said why not just distress it with some black acrylic paint. That got my wheels turning and I remembered I had some black paint.



This was so much fun to do. I don't know I was so crafty. I didn't do craft type things at home. My church youth group did though and I really liked some of the things we did. I really like doing stuff like this.  Need to do more.

Anyways, I took a rag and a bowl of paint. Dipped the rag in the paint and starting to rub the paint on the mirror. This was the end result. Looks more bronze now instead of cheap gold. Tell me what you think?


1 comment: