I love taking random pictures while I go on walks. These pictures are from a walk I took over the 2010 Christmas break. Tim watched the kids so I could take a walk to Derby downtown and see some of the shops there. There were lots of people there. I walked into the mall and just wanted to run out of the building screaming from all of the people. We found out that shopping is the number one favorite past time for people here in England. I have never been much a shop-til-you-drop person. I just went to a certain store I like and bought a couple of things. Anyway, here are the pictures I took.
The silk mill musuem is really neat to have in the area. It's the very first industrial factory and it made silk hence the name. Some cool things in it: Rolls Royce plane engine, old steam engines, a huge model train, and some other around the area information.d
Foot bridge in the same court as the Silk Mill.
Back of the Derby Cathedral with the statue of Bonnie Prince Charlie.
Thought these trees where neat with the green.
Derwent River
Forward HO.
We have trees like those in Seattle but red. They are really cool and the scouts call them refregirator trees because no mater what time of the year you touch them they are cool to the touch.
ReplyDeleteReally? That is cool.
ReplyDelete